Friday, January 25, 2008

Livia


A serious child full of life with eyes so deep in mystery and surprise- a child full of thoughts- full of compassion and love -who was sent to be with me from above. My daughter- my sweet- I love you so- I love being the observer of how you grow. You teach me each day the right way to be- simply giving your love and by how you hold onto me. Thank you my child for the gift you have given- I am blessed- my heart has risen.

Going through some boxes today I found this poem that I had written when Livia was a baby. I was so in love with this baby girl. I know I am not a poet but I wanted it to be in my journal of our life so I can remember the sweet feelings of motherhood. I find it so interesting that I knew her so well when she was so little- my thoughts from that time are still true to who she is today.

3 comments:

Josie Allen said...

sweet picture, even sweeter poem

sara said...

that's a beautiful poem. wow.

Bethany said...

oh, sweet. what a great picture and poem to go along!