Thursday, January 24, 2008

Had to share this one.........

For those of you who view this blog that are not member's of the Rhoton bunch I just had to share a post from my sister in law's blog for you to enjoy. Tess's blog is one of the most entertaining blogs- I love how she writes. This entry was way too funny not to share with more readers- I don't know if you all are aware of the show "Dirty Jobs" on the Discovery Channel- It is basically a Show where they do a half hour documentary on some of the dirtiest jobs in the world. This post is So True!!!!
Tess's Post:

I have had this idea in mind for awhile and soon to follow this post there will be a photo journal to match (hopefully. I can't really be counted on to follow through so I will try, but you may not want me too anyway.) One of Taylor's favorite shows is Dirty Jobs. I am repeatedly surprised that being a mother is not on their top ten list. Here are some things I have had to clean-up lately off the top of my head.

Dirty Jobs

1. Clean-up rice soup puke from the kitchen floor. (Clean up puky child as well.)
2. Clean-up roast/green bean dinner puke from the bathroom floor. (Don't think I'll crave any of those things soon)
3. Wipe a million poop smeared bottoms. (Because according to Avery we don't wipe our own until we are 4!)
4. Clean poop out of a million pairs of panties. (Oops, didn't make it in time.)
5. Changed a blown out, exploded up the back & front poopy diaper or two or three. (And managed to keep little hands out of it a few of the times.)
6. Clean nasty streaked and smeared toilets.
7. Of course plunged a few toilets or two as well.
8. Rescued several cherished toys from the porcelain throne. (did I mention it was after the act)
9. Wash walls along sides of toilet for sprayed particles, by little boy visitors. (gotta love play dates)
Okay enough with the puke and poop I know all of us mothers have a million of these stories.

10. Scrub boogers (yes disgusting and dried up) off of wall by kids beds, stair wall, couch, random spottings, and the back of Taylor's Clothes (Thanks Avery). I am sure I am missing a few locations. This is not an easy task either, it is like separating paint from the dry wall and it might be easier with a chisel and a hammer instead of a soapy rag. At least I know they aren't eating it. However, they have been threatened if I ever find another smeared booger they had better hide.
11. Wash a million booger smeared sheets and pillowcases.
12. Pick and wipe a million noses (come on, we all have picked a nose or two.)
13. Spot cleaned a million chocolate milk, spaghetti, macaroni and cheese etc, spilled on shirts and pants.
14. Cleaned-up after a million messy high chair meals.
15. Clipped a million dirty fingernails.
16. Combed through hair with dried up food in it (poor Taylor)
17. Cleaned a million wax infested ears.
18. Lathered a million rashy bottoms.
19. Finger swiped baby for choking hazards routinely.
20. Helped wiggle loose teeth (this one is the worst for me)
21. Wiped dirty hand prints from every glass surface and walls.

Okay so you get the idea. Could there be a dirtier job. If anyone ever wonders about becoming a mother they had better be capable of handling all of this and more because this is the easy part. Can you even imagine what the photo journal would look like? I can! I have mastered the art of thinking of something nice while doing something nasty.

1 comment:

Meshan said...

Hi Amber!! I found your blog via Rachel's. I have a few things to comment on since I went back and looked at your past blogs.
1- I love your PJ buckets! What a great idea and fun tradition.
2- Where did your mom get the wall book rack? Perfect for keeping the clutter down.
3- Your winter bedding is gorgeous! My mom used to do that every season, so fun.
4- You and your family are beautiful and I can't believe you're a hunter! Who would have thought?
Love Meshan
familyfoutz.blogspot.com