Sunday, October 14, 2007

The stupid chills!!!!!!

My friend Nicole always says that when you do something so humiliating and ignorant you get the "stupid chills". that is exactly what happened to me Saturday morning. I went to Wal-mart to get some medicine for my sick patient and to check out the fall decor they have for my front porch. I was feeling really happy that morning and when I was walking towards the entrance I noticed a man with a long scruffy beard and a back pack sitting on the steps of the strip mall. I just happened to have a 5 dollar bill in my pocket and since I almost never have cash I felt that it was meant for me to give to this poor homeless man. I walked up and handed him my money and he was just looking at me like I was a complete weirdo. "I don't need that- he said- I am not homeless or anything!" at a closer look I realized that he was just your everyday run of the mill Flagstaff hippie! He had on nice prescription glasses and was even drinking a Starbucks coffee!!!!! I was so embarrassed- I quickly walked into the store and even now when I think about it the "stupid chills immediately come back!!!!

6 comments:

wendy said...

okay, that is hilarious!

Bethany said...

HA! Oh, amber, I LOVE that story!

Zoe@WelcometomyMother'Hood said...

Hey Amber It's Andria! That is great and classic of course. Your stories are precious. Hope all is going good up there in Flag. Sam and I are moving soon. Maybe I'll c u before I leave. If not, you have been a memorable friend.Take care of you and yours, God Bless-Andria Pillips (Sam's wife)

Unknown said...

Oh Amber! How you bring me such joy! That is so funny! We are seriously soul sisters. That is right up there with candy corn gold!

Rachael said...

That is too funny! Maybe it will be a wakeup call to that guy about his grooming!

Anonymous said...

obviously it's been a while since I visited your blog.... That's too funny! Heck, at least you were trying to be helpful!