Monday, October 22, 2007

Sick Tate is on the mend!






Last Thursday I went to bed feeling so relieved that I was able to cross many things of of my list of stress- Leadership training finished- CHECK!- piles dropped off at Good will-CHECK!- Laundry folded and even put away-CHECK!- Pumpkin Dip made and ready for delivery for visiting teaching-CHECK! needless to say in the midst of being so concerned my tasks were all being completed I was forgetting to focus on my most important task- My children! Late Thurs night Tate came into our room with the worst congestion I think he has ever had- We had all been struggling with colds that lingered but Tate's was getting way worse. I had my Mommy intuition tell me several times that week to take him in but it always seems that I am the paranoid mom when I go to the doctor so I kept shrugging it off and focusing on the "to do's" in my life. I made Tate a little bed on the couch in our room so I could be close to him- we were up every 45 minutes or so trying to comfort him- about 2:30 in the morning I was awakened by a screaming daughter who had an Ear ache! needless to say the first thing on my to do list Friday morning was to take the kids to the doctor! Sure enough Livia had a horrible ear infection. Tate on the other hand was way worse off- they took his temp which was a scarey 104.7!!!! his oxygen level was 5 points below what they consider low- I had to get his chest x-rayed and then go back to the doctor with the results. They said if he had pneumonia he would have to possibly be admitted into the hospital to get his oxygen levels to a better place- I was so sad for the poor little guy- after looking at his x-rays they felt confident that he just had an acute case of pneumonia that could be treated with lots of medicine at home. So our little family has just been hit really hard with the beginning of the cold and flu season! Today has been a good day- the kids have played and eaten really well so I feel like the end is definitely in sight!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

How terrible! Hopefully you all feel better quickly.

A day in the life of the Campbell's said...

Both my boys had that and they had to be hospitalized. It was so sad to see them in there with a plastic bubble around them and tubes up their nose. The worst was the IV which I couldn't be present for. Glad you took him in when you did.