Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Shame on me.............





Today I had a real moment of clarity- It hit me square in the face that I need to be more satisfied with the life I live. I think I have been caught up in the whole- I will be so happy "When"- type of existence. I often focus on what I don't have right now- which is mainly a little saggy diaper running through my house. As much as I want one I know that the two kiddos I have deserve a mom who is in the moment. I remember someone telling me to sit with a kid on my lap and just listen to them. I am talking shut your mouth and just truly listen to what they have to say. Tate has some of the best thoughts ever and I find myself tuning him out for most of the day. Today I let him tell me everything that was on his little mind and took a moment to be present. he told me about the type of fort he would build if he was better at hammering nails and that he wants to fly REALLY badly because he thinks it would be fun to watch everyone in their backyards and he hides candy under his bed and sometimes at night sneaks it (i used to do the same thing kiddo- only I hid candy in my "pet net" above my bed- classic) one thing I realized while listening to my little boy- he is not that little anymore. and although it is hard and sad to lose the baby side of him, it is exciting too. I anticipate the person that he is becoming. He is charismatic, thoughtful and a little unpredictable which just makes him so fun to be around. He really would be an amazing big brother- I hope he will get the chance.

2 comments:

Hi, I'm Lindy... said...

You are very wise. Many people never figure this one out.

wendy said...

I feel the same way about Beau. I hate when I have to give his clothes to his little cousin because he is growing:( I just wish he would stay my little big boy(he doesn't like it when I call him little)