Monday, August 4, 2008

"You are the murderer of Love!"




The title to this post is a quote from the movie Dan in Real Life. If you have not seen it, it is a for sure renter- I promise. The man in the story has a very dramatic daughter who feels things very deeply. She is like 13 or 14 and says that he is the murderer of love when he intervenes between his daughter and her boyfriend. The first time I saw the movie I thought wow- it would be so hard to have a daughter like that- I would just bust up laughing and she would hate me! Well lately Livia has had some doozies with the way she is expressing herself and I fear I am getting some foreshadowing of what is to come in the teen years. One thing she has recently told me is that "Swim lessons are hurting my life!" and my all time favorite one of the week was when I told her she could not have any chocolate cake because she did not eat enough dinner and she hung down her head and stated "mom, you are just breaking my heart!" Oh- goodness sakes child! you are only four- how do you even know about broken hearts! I am sure one day she will refer to me as the murderer of love.............

4 comments:

Linde said...

Oh Amber, she looks so cute in those pictures. She will probably say worse to you so lets just hope that you will only me the murderer of Love!

Amy said...

I love it! She looks adorable in that skirt! Did you make it? I'm sorry, but with those eyes I would just cave at everything!

Theresa said...

That movie is really good. I remember liking that line a lot, too. Livia is totally going to say that to you one day.

Bethany said...

ha! I love that line from that movie. so funny! can't wait until those teenage years, huh? hehe.