Monday, July 28, 2008

A very true story......................

Today the kids began swimming lessons. I wanted to wait until Tate turned three so they could be in the class where mom's don't have to get in with them (been there- done that- hated it) Swimming lessons went great and I was so happy because I was a little worried about Livia having a melt down- she is pretty timid about water- even the shower scares her. After we finished I needed to run some errands and I told the kids I would buy them a little treat for doing such a great job at their swimming lesson. We got to Target and my kids begged me to get the big momma joe honkee cart- they do this every time and since the kid cart (the one that has little stools that buckle and then the cart is hooked to the front) weighs more than I do, I usually tell them it ain't gonna happen- however Livia said that they wanted the cart to count as their treat that I promised. How could I say no to that? It wasn't going to cost a thing- So I said sure and buckled them into that mammoth of a thing and began to attempt to control the cart while knocking down stacks of towels that were at the end of a row- that thing is a serious workout for wimps like me. As I put my items in the cart it only got worse and that is when Tate decides that he is going to be a big boy and has to go to the bathroom- we are as far from the restrooms as possible- I tell Tate it is o.k. for him to just go in his diaper and he refuses by yelling he has to pee reeeeeeeeally bad. So I grab my purse and ditch the cart and make it to the restrooms just in time. I am sure Tate is now confused why I wanted him to go in his diaper when I have been begging him to go in the potty for the last few months. On my way out of the bathroom I see a friend of mine and we are catching up while my kids are literally screaming and running around. Livia was being so naughty and telling me that I needed to be done talking- who does she think she is. The poor lady I was talking to could hardly focus on our conversation due to the chaos surrounding us. I said goodbye and slammed my kids back into the cart. I tell Livia that her behavior is totally not acceptable and very embarrassing for mom and that we are going straight home after this and she will have to go to her room. She begins crying and begging for one more chance at the top of her lungs. I had two more things on my list and decided to bag the other places I need to go that morning and just accomplish my Target goals. on my way going over to the household items I run into that friend again and would you believe that my kids got out of the cart and started all over with the craziness- I was beginning to sweat it was so awful. Finally I apologised and took my kids to pay- on my way to the front I stopped to get a plastic bin and Livia spotted some chocolates that she wanted for her treat. She and Tate are begging me and I have to remind them that I let them ride this huge cart for their treat- That is when it happened- the worst part of my morning- because I am not a morning person I was wearing sweats due to having to rush to swim lessons that morning- Tate was pulling on my legs and pleading for another treat besides the cart and the child pulled my pants clean off of me!!!! Yes, it is true I was depantsed (sp?)by my three year old in the middle of Target today! Why, Why, Why are my kids so unpredictable? I cried the whole way driving home- I should have had kids in my early 20's- I would have more energy for them.

16 comments:

Carol said...

Oh Amber...I am laughing sooo hard right now! Can't we all relate to stories like this? Cheer up...it will be REALLY funny in a few days!(By the way, I thought you looked really cute in your sweatpants this morning at swim lessons.)

sara said...

OH. MY. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH.

Amber! This literally made me bust up laughing - I am soooooooo sorry this happened to you! I would be mortified - but I'm the one with the fat butt - not you!!! So don't be too sad! There is nothing like feeling so embarrassed in public though. Oh, and all the events that led up to that grand finale...bless your heart. I will pray for you tonight.
Good job Taters for going in the potty though! :)

Josh and Lisa said...

Oh Friend...I am sooo sorry that happend to you! I know that this won't make you feel less embarrassed but it's a good thing your body is just as cute as it was back in the day.
If you already feel like you don't have enough energy for you kids...then I'm toast!

Tiff Hunt said...

Oh poor you! Seriously! Adyson has acted like that before and I just left my cart full of groceries and went home! I am sorry you got your pants pulled off! I hope you have a better day!!!

Rachael said...

I'm just sitting here laughing! Of all people to have that happen to :)

Courtney said...

Oh Amber, that is the funniest thing I have heard. I know it made your day totally awful, but you brightened mine. If you're not laughing yet, you will in a few days. I'm sorry for the terrible morning, hopefully your afternoon was better.

Brianne said...

I look at your blog often but I dont ever comment however I can't pass this one up. I totally understand how you feel. I should have had my kids in my early twenties for the same energy reason. Your trip to target sounds like a typical shopping trip for me. I haven't had my pants pulled off in target yet but I have had some close calls with my skirt at church a few times and those people know me and see me on a weekly bases. I did get a good laugh but mostly because its good to know that there are others out there who feel my pain. thanks for the laugh.

Amy said...

I am still laughing just thinking about your story! I hope by now you are too! Only another mommy can understand that one! I think I was sweating for you just reading it to the end! :)

a. rhoton said...

Amber, only your mother or mother in law can ask the quetion. . . .were you wearing clean undies with no holes??????great story

The Hultman's said...

Oh Amber! I know that I shouldn't laugh at this story but I just can't help it. I love it! This is why I love kids so much!! Your friend carol is right, in a few days you'll laugh too!

A day in the life of the Campbell's said...

oh amber, I feel for you , I have had that sorta thing happen to me too..maybe not the pants but something sorta like it... Funny, I know you had on clean ones!!!

A day in the life of the Campbell's said...

oh amber, I feel for you , I have had that sorta thing happen to me too..maybe not the pants but something sorta like it... Funny, I know you had on clean ones!!!

Colleen said...

Bet you made somebody's day!!! Just one more reason to shop at Target, never know what one might see!! Don't kids have a way of keeping us humble!:)

diane lott said...

Hilarious, Spencer almost got mine down in Arby's yesterday! Dave and I are just sitting here laughing at your expence!

Melissa Bosen said...

Amber! I'm so sorry! You are a really great mommy!

Bethany said...

GREAT story! So funny. I wish I could have been there!