Wednesday, March 5, 2008

sleep makes a difference.........


Chad and I recently borrowed the first two seasons of LOST from our friends. Let's just say we are totally sucked in! it is getting ridiculous- we can only watch them after the kids are in bed because they are pretty intense (Chad can't even believe I am hanging in there- I internalize everything I see). This is pretty much the dialogue from the past 4 nights:

Chad: are the kids asleep?
Amber: they sure are- are you ready to watch an episode of Lost with me?
Chad: sure but I have some work to get done so we are really only going to watch ONE episode tonight.
Amber: I totally support you in that decision- we can't stay up so late and expect to get anything done tomorrow.

we watch one episode which ends with so many unanswered questions that the dialogue now continues with:

Chad: let's just watch one more tonight and then I will go into my office and get those spreadsheets done.
Amber: o.k. - just let me go downstairs and get breakfast set up so I can feed the kids with out having to get out of bed in the morning (I am not a morning person so I have developed the "cereal in bowls and cups of milk in the fridge for the kids to pour when they get up" solution- I know pathetic)

We watch another episode and then another and another until Chad decides that he can just get up early in the morning and finish his work before his morning meeting. Is this sick or what? we are walking around our house in a daze because we are staying up until like 2 in the morning every night! We swear to each other we won't do it again the next night but that moment of decision comes our way and we are to weak to resist it! Once you start this series you just can't stop!

5 comments:

Tia said...

Lets just say it only get worse!!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. Everytime we are done watching an episode we look at each other and say, "what the heck?" I love it, let me just tell you that we are watching this season and it's still as confusing as ever.

A day in the life of the Campbell's said...

oh yeah!! I am atotal LOST fan too! We did the same thing with Heroes and Prison break..these shows are Addicting. Happy late nights togeether though ;)
p.s. where's my invite to your new blog?

A day in the life of the Campbell's said...

never mind I found it..Love the bulletin board.. let me know when you're gonna hold classes!

sara said...

Jess and I got the first 3 seasons on Netflix and we literally finished the night before this season started. We are so greatful to only be able to watch ONE episode a week. We were sooooooooo bad too - One night we started at like 10pm and watched TWO discs - (8 episodes!!!) - ya, SIX hrs later. We were climbing into bed at 4am and I was like - We REALLY can't keep this up! It's a good one! :)