Monday, March 31, 2008

a lullaby for mom................


While at my parents house last week livia was having a hard time falling asleep and wanted to get into my bed. I told her she could- but she had to be quiet and go to sleep because I was reading. She asked in such a sweet voice- "Mama- would you like me to tickle your back and sing you a lullaby?" this is what I do for the kids and they each have their own lullaby that I sing- I thought her offer was so darling that I put my book down turned off the light and said "I would just love that, Livy, thank you so much." Livy began tickling my back and singing a combination of Tate's lullaby and her own- "My precious one- the monster is gone- daddy shot him with a gun - he is dead and I threw him in the trash............" the song continued but I can't remember the rest because I did not know if I should be disturbed or laugh at my special lullaby! oh livy- you never cease to amaze me- how can such a sweet little dainty thing be so twisted at times. I remember when she used to collect the torsos of grasshoppers- she would pull off all of the limbs and stash the bodies in her turtle sandbox. When Sebastien the crab died I was sure it was going to crush her but all she wanted to do was inspect the crabs dead body. She was more upset that I would not let her do that than the fact that he was gone. I hope I am raising her to have compassion- sometimes I wonder. I had to include this little moment in my online journal so I would remember to share it with her someday for a good laugh!

6 comments:

sara said...

I love all the new posts and pictures. So fun, and so sweet! Easter looked fabulous.
I think Livia will grow out of that stuff. I used to dig up worms and pull them apart or cut them in half and see if they'd go back together... yikes.

The Welker Family said...

That is so funny! She is quite the creative little girl! I could not believe the castle that she made out of blocks! That really was amazing!

Andra said...

Amber I need that pillow Livy is sitting in it matches my 5 quilts for my bed!!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Oh how I love Livy! She is not twisted at all - she is a perfect combination of you and Chad. The song was you and the lyrics were Chad! That is dang funny!!

a. rhoton said...

Oh livia, grammie loves you just the way you are!!! You can sing for me anytime. .
but then. . hmmmm youre daddy was sensitive too. .