Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Don't spank me!

So I rarely have had to spank my children- I send them to sad town (a name for time out taught to me by my sister) on a daily basis- but for some reason Tate has started to yell "Don't spank me!" whenever he realizes he has been caught doing something sad town worthy. It is so fun to be at church, the grocery store, on play dates, when the home teachers are over and pretty much any public place and have your toddler yell this at you. It immediately causes a hush to fall over the surrounding crowds and the stares and judgemental faces burn through my skin. It does not help that he looks so precious and vulnerable when he says it like he has been beaten all of his life. I am so scared for the talents of Tate to evolve over time- he knows how to manipulate at way too young of an age!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, "sad town" sounds like such a sad place.:) Well if it makes you feel any better whenever max is in trouble and I start walking towards him to grab his arm or something he totally flinches like I'm going to smack him or something...not fun in a crowded place.