Monday, July 19, 2010

{focus on the heart}


Tate has really been a challenge for me lately. He is growing up and we are both trying to figure out our mother-son relationship. Of course I still want to baby him and cuddle and he needs that still at times but, for the most part he is turning more independent and a little more self conscious of his image so to speak. I was holding him on my lap helping him write thank you cards for his birthday and we heard the garage door go up (dad's home) he quickly jumped off my lap so his dad wouldn't see him being held like a little one. I supported him even though it hurt a bit to be left behind. I don't want to have some weird mama's boy on my hands after all...... I will just have to take what I can from now on. He is really wild and crazy these days and a bit too much for others to handle. I am starting to wonder if all little boys go through this. I sure hope so. I find that if I focus on his big heart it makes all of the other mumbo jumbo pale in comparison. He still will shock me each day with his growing spirituality which is so very real and sincere. He also hates the thought of someone being disappointed in him and will just do about anything to change negative opinions. He is also learning the value of honesty and I am witnessing him telling truths even if it means big bad consequences. That thrills me to no end because honesty is something I want to instill in my children more than anything. Tate, you are such a good son. I love you so.

1 comment:

Melissa Bosen said...

Wow, Amber, he is so handsome. Ah, honesty. It's a hard one to teach. We have a couple of little fibbers in our family right now. I'm glad Tate's got that one down.