Sunday, November 30, 2008












We had a wonderful Thanksgiving in New Mexico. We had such good food that I am sad we had to leave and not be able to partake of all the leftovers! It was nice just hanging out with family and watching the kids play. Livia and Zoey play so well together. They just quietly disappear and entertain themselves. I remember just wishing and hoping that the day would come when my kids could entertain themselves and now it is finally here! Chad and Grant helped my dad move a gas line on the land and it was fun to watch all of the big farm equipment being used. Tate was just in heaven. It was also nice to visit with Jill and her kiddos since they only live a mile away from my family now (so weird how that happened) Tate had a slumber party with Max and was so tired on Thanksgiving that he slept in my mom's arms. Tate has been doing a lot of sleeping lately. Sometimes he falls asleep on the job like in the pic of him folding laundry. He also sleeps so hard that nothing seems to bother him or interrupt his slumber (note the picture of his head hanging off the bed at my parents) I am thinking that he must be growing right now because he has a really healthy appetite as well. We are decorating the house for Christmas this week and I am excited to take out all of our decorations. Chad and I have bought each other a new ornament since we were first married and now each year we include the kids in picking their own decoration of the year. I love times of tradition. The kids and I went to Pier1 on Saturday for them to choose their 2008 decoration and I figured out a great trick while I was there. A lady who was shopping and also had two small kids kept saying "this is a hand in pockets store!" I loved it! I told her that I was stealing that idea from her and she said she always makes sure her kids have on jackets with pockets in stores like that and that you have to make sure you zip them up or they just point with their coats and it can make even more of a mess. I just thought I would add that little tidbit of info since the shopping season is among us. I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Andra said...

I am pretty sure my boss would get mad if I fell asleep on top of my jobs!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amber - I love your blog and pictures - you have a beautiful family and such a gentle spirit. Your mom is a beautiful example for all of us to learn from - I'm glad she has passed her loving qualities on to her children & grandchildren. What a blessing family is. Have a wonderful holiday season! Love you, Aunt Bethy

diane lott said...

super cute!

A day in the life of the Campbell's said...

Looks so fun. Tate is a cutie pie and I love how he can sleep wherever!! ha ha great idea about hands in pocket store. I'm gonna go check out your other blog.