Thursday, November 20, 2008

A sharing heart..................


Lately I have been focusing a lot on the negative when it comes to how my kids are treating each other. Since Tate got his brain a while back and has decided for himself what he likes and doesn't, my little control freak daughter has had such a hard time with him. Not to mention that they love teasing each other (this is a major Dunn thing) The problem is they can dish it but can not in any way take it. It is just exhausting and is the main reason I am not keeping up with blogging anymore I think. Just when I was about to lose my mind this week with the whole sibling rivalry I was put smack dab in the middle of a situation that assured me that they do indeed love and treasure each other.

Livia had gotten some birthday money from her Aunt Tess and Grammie and had been begging me to take her to the store. Since Chad was home and I could leave Tate with him, I decided we could go yesterday afternoon. When we got to the store she saw a bow and arrow set on the end of an isle. "my brother would love that! Can we get it mom?" "Maybe for Christmas" I said. I had only brought her birthday money. We went to look at the dolls she had wanted for some time and there were two that she especially wanted. one was significantly cheaper but didn't have all of the accessories that the other one had. I can always see Livia's thoughts processing by the way she looks off to the side and holds her hand to her mouth. "Mom? I want to by the smaller one cause I think I can buy the bow for Tate too if I do that." It almost hurt it was so precious. My daughter spent her birthday money on her brother. Who does that? She was so excited to bring it home to him and see how excited he would be that she talked about it the whole drive home. I really needed to witness that I think. I love my Livia girl and her generous heart.

2 comments:

sara said...

THIS MELTED MY HEART...sooooooooooooo sweet. A member of our bishopric shared a very similar Christmas story to our Primary. :)

Melissa Bosen said...

That is really sweet. You've taught her well.