Monday, August 27, 2007

my lovely new rockers......



For years now I have admired the white rocking chairs at Cracker Barrel and I have begged chad for us to get some for our front porch. They are super expensive and we just haven't been able to justify the purchase. Last week I was at Wal-mart and found some rockers for 27 dollars a piece!!!!!! are you kidding me? I bought two and chad set them up for me the other day. I just love sitting and rocking on my front porch. I love taking Tate out there with a cup of milk after he has just got up from a nap. I just hold him and rock him and let him wake up slowly. Sometimes at night after the kids are in bed chad and I have even sat out on the porch and visited. I just love simple things like that.............

5 comments:

Tiff Hunt said...

I love, love, love your house. I love your style, everything. Want to come and do my house? Oh wait, I don't have one. But when I get one you and Nicole should come up and help me. You are amazing at it. I love what you did at Nicole's house. The rockers are awesome. They make the porch so inviting. LOVE IT!

wendy said...

okay, I know you called me the day you got these. I unfortunately didn't make to walmart for an entire week. I know it was wishfull thinking that walmart might still have two for my front porch also. No worries. I still spent a load of money there. side note: you should check out my sister in laws blog (sara and anthony) she is discussing "the hills". you might enjoy it.

sara said...

I love the image of you rocking Tate when he wakes up - so sweet. There is nothing like sitting on a front porch. We live on ours in the summers.

Tia said...

Hey my blog address changed ny-stateofmind.blogspot.com

Annell said...

So cute and totally you!! My blog dragonflowersandbooks.blogspot.com