Thursday, September 6, 2007

Thought for the night...........

Do we judge one another? Do we criticize each other for individual choices, thinking we know better, when in fact we rarely understand another’s unique circumstance or individual inspiration?
...We also lose sight of that good part when we compare ourselves to others. Her hair is cuter, my legs are fatter, her children are more talented, or her garden’s more productive—sisters, you know the drill. We just can’t do that. We cannot allow ourselves to feel inadequate by focusing on who we aren’t instead of on who we are! We are all sisters in Relief Society. We simply cannot criticize, gossip, or judge and keep the pure love of Christ.
•Bonnie D Parkin

My friend Rach posted this on our book blog and it really hit home for me. I find myself at times judging others when they do not do things the way I would and I forget that we all have individual inspiration. I might not parent like others would but I know my children and their needs. I am really going to work on being mindful of others and their own uniqueness.

3 comments:

wendy said...

hey, are you posting from home? I thought you were in NM. I love what you posted. You were inspired for my sake, I needed that.

Rachel Clare said...

I love that quote. Sometimes it's hard to remember, but certainly a good reminder! Thanks Amber!

A day in the life of the Campbell's said...

So true, I am so glad I visited your site and that you put something so inspirational on there. I think we could all benefit from following advice in that quote! Cute pics! come visit me too..http://mntzcampbell@blogspot.com/