Monday, July 2, 2007

My Dad.........


This week's "Monday night Spotlight" goes to my Dad. My dad is a real simple man and that is actually what makes him so complex. He has always been the same- he's a real "Steady Eddy". He has an amazing work ethic and has accomplished great things in his life. The thing I love most about him is that he is humble- well I take that back- in some areas he is humble- how he lives, what he drives, what he needs- he isn't humble in the fact that he pretty much knows he is always right.... (just kidding dad, you know I am the exact same way). There is this thing about my dad that has always impressed me, he is a quiet leader. He teaches by example and has a lot of respect. He doesn't ever do what he thinks people want him to do. He pretty much does what he wants to do and has one of the best self concepts anyone could have. When you are around him you just want to impress him. He isn't perfect though- he chews with his mouth open, teases mercilessly, and gives you his opinion on the "right" way things should be done.
This is what I think of when I think of my Dad:
He loves the feeling of completing a project
he loves working on his land
he loves spoiling his grand kids with candy
he loves getting a rise out of his daughters by giving his grand kids too much candy
He loves anything that is funny
he is very responsible and is known for doing the right thing
he can be really stubborn
he would do anything to make my mom comfortable
he has always been there for me
he is a great communicator
he loves animals
he loves buying me king crab at market price!
Dad, I just tell it like it is- you are a good dad. You have helped me in making many of my dreams come true and you laid a great foundation for Rachel and I (look how amazing your daughters turned out!) I love you. No, this is not because I still haven't gotten your father's day gift to you..............you were the person that came to mind for this weeks spotlight. (don't worry mom, your time will come- I know this guy wasn't the only reason I turned out so amazing!)

No comments: