Monday, July 16, 2007

Fun with the kids!

I thought that I would share this little game that the kids and I play for morning snack time. We have started doing a real "Tea party" so we can practice our manners. Livia is usually the host because she likes to be in charge (wonder where she gets that from?) she helps me set the table and come up with the menu and she serves Tate. He has to say please and thank you - she makes sure of that! I think it is so important that kids have manners and this is something I really want to work on in our family. Di recently took her kids to a fancy restaurant and had them dress up and everything just so they could try out their manners. I love it! there is a great website called rudebusters.com that will give you some great resources if this is something you want to work on as well.

2 comments:

Tia said...

Amber remind me to tell you about Once upon a family - it's the greatest thing I have come across lately and ties in alot with some of the things your doing with your kids!

Bethany said...

What a great idea. Can I bring my kids over so you can teach them some manners?