Monday, June 25, 2007

walk down memory lane



My dear friend, Rachael came for a visit this weekend with her new baby and her husband. She brought a whole bunch of pictures from when Chad and I first had Livia(I put the pics in the above slide show). Watching her and Zach with their new son this weekend brought back the feelings I had when I was a brand new mother. Sure your sleepy and a little overwhelmed, but you also have this excitement stirring inside you all the time (like Christmas morning-only better!). I used to love cuddling up with livia in my bed and watching a movie. I loved putting on her cute little outfits and giving her baths that made her smell so good, that for the life of me I couldn't stop kissing her. I think the most special part about having your own baby is that YOU are who they want -(by the second one this becomes quite annoying)- YOU are the only one that can make it better for them at times. Before I had children of my own I would ache to hold a baby. I remember sitting in church and watching my sister in law, Tess with her new baby girl and I just wanted to hold her so badly- or when my niece, Zoey would cry and try as I might it was only my sister that could make her happy again. Rachael is attached to baby Jace. She can hardly stand to be apart from him while he is napping- I loved being able to observe her this past weekend. It made me look at my two little ones in a new light and to stop taking them for granted. I remembered how special they are and that I am their Mom- the only one in their lives that can make everything better. What an absolute honor.

3 comments:

sara said...

AMBER! I love your blog. I love you. Why don't we hang out?
I totally have teary eyes - is it the music? the pictures? your words? all of it, maybe! Or maybe it's just WAY too late! :)
Seriously though, I love the 'old movie' effect of this slideshow and the music put with it made it even more amazing. What sweet photos. I can relate. It's amazing the journey life takes you on! :)
How did your cornice boards turn out?? I can't stop thinking about your window treatments in your family room/kitchen - I loved the sheers w/ the fabric at the top and small band at the bottom! It is exactly what I need! I wish I would've taken a better look! :)
I'm getting my hair cut with Kelly tomorrow. Chop chop! :)
My blog is: smaier.blogspot.com
Sara

sara said...

YES. It is the music. LOVE it! Who is it?? I resonate with this music. :) Like I even know what resonate means. (I just looked it up..."To evoke a feeling of shared emotion or belief") :)

Bethany said...

Hey, you're doing so well at keeping up on your blog. I love it! The old antiqued slide show is so great! -bethany