Thursday, June 14, 2007

Summer Fun!!!!!!


This summer is going to be great! I am one motivated mother. After Tate was born and I was recovering from a second c-section my sister came to take care of me for a week. Every day she took care of Livia for me- it was such a huge help. She had her little routine and Livia loved having her cousin and Auntie there for company. When my sister had to leave I was so scared. I didn't know how I would ever manage an 18 month old and a brand new baby on my own. My sister told me to just get up in the morning, brush my teeth and take both kids for a walk, let livia play at our neighborhood park for 20 minutes or so, let her throw rocks into the pond for a few minutes. If I got out at least once each day I could go home and not feel any mom guilt. It was the best advice. Just having one activity a day seems to make everything just go better. Less whining, less time outs! I decided to follow that advice for this summer. I have planned one main activity each day for the kids as well as chores for them to do. We are on our third week and it has been such a fun summer.

No comments: