Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Dinosaurs are stinky.................

Love these little conversations:

In the car on the way to school Tate is talking about dinosaurs.

Tate: I see dinosaurs when I sleep in the night- they scare me..............
Livia: Dinosaurs are so stinky Tate that we don't have to worry about them anymore- they died.
Tate: Why they die Livy?
Livia: I told you (a little annoyed) They were so stinky they couldn't stand it so they just died from the stinky smell.
Tate: No they didn't Lala..................
Livia: Tate, we are learning about them in Preschool this week because it is letter "D" week and miss Juliette told us the dinosaurs are extra stink and they aren't here anymore they all died away..............

I am just dying knowing full well that the child is talking about how dinosaurs are EXTINCT not extra stinky but I did not say a thing because it was all just too precious.

I have two extra kids this week. My sister in law is looking for a new home in New Mexico where her husband is now working and since she watched my kiddos last week I am now returning the favor. Her kids are angels and so much fun to be around. I was so lucky last week to go for a visit at my parents house without my kiddos! Thanks Kellie for helping a sister out! I shopped until I dropped and slept in, ate good food and made crafts. how perfect is that? I will be sure to take pictures of all the kids in the next few days........ I must share another precious moment before I sign off tonight:

The other night I had finished bathing the kids and they were watching a movie in our room before bedtime. Livia was curled up in my bed and Tate was laying on a pillow in front of the T.V. I was getting ready for bed and washing my face when I heard Livia say "Taters, you don't even have any covers down there- you might get cold Mr. man- I will go get you a blanket o.k.?" She crawled out of my bed and went and got him a blanket and covered him up and kissed his forehead. I was just observing the whole thing and almost crying at how loving she was to her little brother. Such a sweet, tender hearted little girl. It melted my heart and made me feel like I just might be doing something right in parenting after all.

3 comments:

A day in the life of the Campbell's said...

that IS so sweet. Your kids area so so so adorable and I checked out your mom's blog and she is just as pretty as you are. What a great family you have....

sara said...

THAT is funny. So cute. :)
Family pictures = gorgeous!

A day in the life of the Campbell's said...

P.S. Do you have any ideas for homemade Christmas presents?