Sunday, October 26, 2008

decor galore..........................





Livia and I put up the rest of our fall and Halloween decor a few weekends ago. I will be posting most of it on my other blog. The boys went camping/scouting for the weekend and us girls played house. Livia was so darling with how grown up she was acting while we were decorating. I have a new style for my decor it is called corny chic. It is the blending of what kids need in their magical world and what I am trying my hardest to hold onto from my "before kids" days. it actually makes for a pretty interesting result. Livia made the sucker ghosts for the tree this year. I remember making them last year with her and it was such an overwhelming task for her now she just takes over things and finishes them on her own. The best part of the day was when we went to add to the Halloween collection at the store. I always buy one fun thing each year for each holiday. Livia always brings her purse when we run errands but rarely cracks it open because she is a bit of a tight wad (Did I mention she is a small version of her father?) Well, she found this black cat and wanted it so badly and she also like the hanging ghosts. I reminded her we were only buying one new thing and she thought for a while about which one she liked best. My clever and generous little girl decided that I would buy the ghosts and she would buy the cat for our family. The cat was five dollars and all of her allowance in her little purse. I asked her if she was sure about this and she said that we really needed the cat- "It's the ending touch for the porch mom." I think she meant the "finishing"touch. I smiled as she handed the lady all of her money and walked ahead of me with the cat under her arm. At such a young age and already spending allowance on decor. I couldn't be prouder!

No comments: