Friday, September 12, 2008

tough lessons to learn

A tough one indeed! Livia is obsessed with wasting toilet paper! She always has been- kind of a weird obsession, I know...... It is used as barbie and baby doll clothing, bedding for all of her random creatures, stuffing for paper pillows, bandages for broken bones and of course she uses it for any spills that need a quick mop up. I have explained to her that we are going through way too much toilet paper and she just is not allowed to use it for anything accept what it is intended for. She has continued to ignore my wishes so I had to come up with a more aggressive plan. On Tuesday, I had planned to take the kids with me to the store to pick out their reward for chores. I gave them each a couple dollars and told Tate that he could pick something out that his allowance could pay for. Livia, however was told "Livs, I am so sorry but since you have been wasting all of our toilet paper it is your responsibility to buy our families toilet paper for the week................" Her eyes were huge- I saw that it was sinking in. She then asks me "So I am going to buy some toilet paper and then I get my reward?" "sorry Livia, you have just enough money to cover the cost of the toilet paper and that is all. I am so sad that you have to buy this instead of a prize you must be so bumbed." her eyes filled up with tears as she saw Tate pick out his prize and how excited he was while she dragged along her toilet paper behind her. I was feeling so sorry for the poor kid but I knew I couldn't turn back now- It was a lesson that I had to follow through with. Let's just say Livia is the Toilet Paper Nazi now! She demands that we only use three sheets! Needless to say, I think this lesson has been learned.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I can't imagine how hard that must have been to follow through! Esspecailly with those big beautiful eyelashes batting at you! I am proud of you though!

Andra said...

She wasn't wasting tp, she was creating. I used to make "beatiful" gowns for my barbies out of kleenex and tp.

A day in the life of the Campbell's said...

How funny..I know what to get her for Christmas! Her little face looks so cute holding up the tissue for a picture. She won't be wasting it anymore, that's for sure!