Sunday, June 29, 2008

deep conversations.............

Driving to the store yesterday with Livia:

Liv: Mom- do we have blood under all of our skin and that is all? (Tate just had a major fall and was bleeding like crazy- Livia was still processing it)
Me: yes Livia we have skin and blood and then bones all inside our body
Liv: Bones like the dinosaurs have?
Me: yup
Liv: why do we have bones in our body?
Me: because the bones are what holds are body up and creates our structure (I always begin to make things way to complicated in discussions like this)
Liv: So if we didn't have bones we would be like a water balloon full of blood?
Me: I guess we would (kind of impressed with her critical thinking skills)
Liv: How come I can fold my arms and bend my legs if there are bones in there?
Me: (Are you kidding me?) because our bones have joints in places that make it so we can bend certain parts of our body.
Liv: what do joids look like?
Me: I will have to find a picture for you when we get home- they are kind of hard for me to describe.
Liv: Where do we find pictures of joids- in a book about joids?
Me: Let's just have some time to be quiet and listen to this song on the radio.
Liv: K- I am so excited to see the joids book!

And Chad wonders why I am fried by the time he gets home! We have multiple conversations like this daily and I can't keep up! She is so curios about EVERYTHING right now.

Knife update: Chad said that Tate was watching him sharpen all of the knives the other day and wanted to help so bad- Chad explained that he couldn't because it was something only moms and dads could do- Tate just waited until moms and dads were nowhere in sight and tried it out anyway. That was four days before he actually had the knife incident. I can not leave the kid alone for a second. It was like he had been waiting for the right time to carry out his plan!

3 comments:

J said...

Your blog feeds into my Google Reader, so it's easy to keep up. Your quoted conversations with Livia are my favorite. She makes me laugh out loud. I think you are doing a great thing by writing them down. Your responses are pretty good too.

Tiff Hunt said...

I am so glad you are back to blogging! I have truly missed you! Livia is so funny! I have enjoyed reading your posts. I hope you stay sane! I am glad Tate is ok!

The Welker Family said...

Looks like you are having way too much fun around your house! Livia is so smart! Comparing us without bones to a water balloon. I love the knives and Tates mowhawk - What a guy!