Sunday, May 18, 2008

a weekend getaway!

Chad surprised the kids and I with a fun filled weekend. We stayed at a great resort in Scottsdale and it felt like we had the place to ourselves! the place had like 10 pools! We mostly stayed at the beach pool because the kids could play in the sand. Livia chased this duck forever because she wanted to hold it so badly. after a morning of sunshine we headed back to the room for baths and naps before heading off to a Diamond Back game. It was the kids first time going to one and they were pretty excited- especially Tate who is addicted to baseball right now- he walks around the house with a mitt on at all times. We had such a great time and I feel so refreshed after getting a little sun on my skin. Thank you Chad for being so thoughtful and spontaneous- It is why I love you so much!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds wonderful! (cute bathing suit!) Did you tell Livia all about the duck you had growing up? Wasn't his name Gerome? If that's right, I cannot believe I remembered it!!

Amber said...

it was gerome! your memory is unreal!

Linde said...

So glad that you guys had a fun weekend. We're gonna have to check that place out!

Shelby said...

I love those little getaways close to home! We try to do that at least once every 2 months if we are not going on a real vacation....to the kids any hotel with a pool is a vacation :) Looks like you guys had a super fun time!

Melissa Spurgiesz said...

Hi Amber! Hope it is alright that I am writing on your blog! Your kids are beautiful! I am not just saying that either! You look great and have such a sweet family!

Natalie said...

We just went to the same hotel the weekend before last. It was incredible!!!! We want to go again! Natalie

diane lott said...

You have got to email me the name of the resort so I can take my family there. What a great weekend!
DI