Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Rhotons are tough!!!







After many failed attempts of having Family Home Evening with the Shepherds, Wendy and I were determined to make it work this week! We had planned to have smores and foil dinners off of Lake Mary road. We were prepared and even included the Woolf clan in our plans we were so sure it was going to work. By late afternoon my foil dinners were prepared and my blankets and chairs were loaded in the car- I was just waiting for Chad to get home so we could take off. I noticed it was getting quite cloudy and the wind was just miserable but I tried to ignore it because I was so excited (the kids were too) and I wanted it to work out. We all decided to give it a go and I am glad we did! It was perfect weather for snuggling in blankets and the food never tasted so good! The kids had an absolute blast running around and collecting firewood and whenever mine complained they were cold I would remind them that "Rhoton's are tough!" our family motto. It was cold last night for a reason I found out this morning- 6 or so inches of snow fell throughout the night- school was even delayed today. Isn't it the middle of May?

4 comments:

wendy said...

you failed to mention that no one brought any matches. oh, you probably didn't want anyone to know that part:)- the cat's outta the bag now...

Andra said...

You are tougher than me, I would have been crying in the car (with the heater on!)

Linde said...

What do you mean you EVEN invited the Woolfs? (JK) We had a great time!

Melissa Bosen said...

I love the picture of you and Livia! Too cute!! Both of you!!