Saturday, May 10, 2008

just the girls!


I am a firm believer in kids napping as long as possible- I myself took naps clear up until Kindergarten (O.k.-maybe I still do whenever I can). I always put the kids down at the same time and some days Livia falls asleep (Maybe twice a week) but most days she just reads and rests for a half hour or so. I usually go and get her if she doesn't fall asleep. I find that this time of day is really special for us girls. Lately we have been doing a lot of baking during this time. Livia is such a helper- she is to the age where she is truly a help and not just in the way mostly making messes. We chat and lick spoons and giggle and talk about how much the boys (Dad & Tate) are going to love the tasty treat we are making. I have a feeling moments like this will be what I miss most when she grows up. I love this little bowl licker!

No comments: