Friday, April 18, 2008

smarty pants

Today while running errands with the kids, I was so excited and happy that the weather has taken a turn for the best. We had the windows down and we were listening to music as we drove to here and there. When we got in the car after the last stop I began singing as I was backing out of my space- the conversation with Livia then began...............

Me: (singing) Make you banana pancakes- pretend like it's the weekend.......... (a Jack Johnson fave for those of you who are not familiar.)
Liv: Mom- please- just don't sing for a little bit o.k?
Me: Don't you like it when I sing? I think I am a pretty cool mom for rocking out with you kids!
Liv: I don't like it when you sing because I just don't like annoying sounds.
Me: My singing Annoys you? I didn't even know you knew that word. what does it mean?
Liv: it means when moms make you mad with what they are doing.
Me: Well, that is a good enough definition for me- You little smarty pants.
Liv: That is annoying too when you call me names.


Oh, Livers- when did you grow up? I smiled the whole way home after this conversation while watching my little young lady in the rear view and wondering what is to come in the teenage years if she thinks I am annoying now............... just wait Livia, Just wait.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I would take "annoying" over, "Mom, stop singing...it's hurting my ears"!

wendy said...

don't you love it when your kids put you in your place?!

Rachel Clare said...

Amber, I love this conversation. I can't wait to meet this girl!