Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Conference


Livia never stops moving so she is pretty much a blur in all of the pictures I have taken of her recently (I need to fix the settings on my camera for neurotic subjects) Any hoo- We had a lovely conference weekend. I know it is necessary for us to get out and mingle with other people at church on Sundays but man it is so nice having church at home- no screaming mother trying to do hair and Iron clothes while getting dinner prepared and finding scriptures and packing the diaper bag............... Let's just say I could really get used to church in my p.j's- I know that is so not a reverent thing to say. This year I had the conference packet for kids to keep Livia busy- Tate could care less and chose to drive cars all over us during the morning session. Livia was in heaven! We set up a little space for her in front of the TV. and she acted like she had a serious task ahead of her keeping track of the people who spoke- precious! We had yummy muffins in the morning made by yours truly and Chad made us some of the best burgers ever after a lovely family walk in the afternoon. I just love spending a day like that with my little family- All of the talks were amazing- I felt so recharged this week. On Saturday Chad took the kids into the mountains for the day so I was able to sew and listen to both sessions. Thank you Chad for being mindful of how mind numbing child rearing can be and making sure I get some alone time. I love being in my home alone- I love to clean everything and catch up on all of the projects I never get to because of the rug rats at my feet.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I'm with you on loving to stay in your PJ's all day during General Conference. I'll even go as far as to say that I didn't shower until AFTER conference was over. I'm glad you got to listen to all of the Sat. talks!

sara said...

I agree. It is so nice to be able to 'worship' in your home. And I agree about loving spending time w/ your little family. I felt the same way. That's what life is all about...
That is great Chad took the kiddos out for the day on Sat! Jess was working, so I cranked up the t.v., opened the front door and windows and sat out on the front porch as the boys played and I listened to the sessions. It was fabulous.
please, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeese, PLEASE tell me how you came to love cleaning so much. I mean- I know that is just innate in you, but how do I learn it? I'm trying so hard.