Sunday, April 20, 2008

brave girl.............



Yesterday afternoon Livia and I went to get her ears pierced. It is literally all she has been talking about since her grandma tried to take her and a cousin after Easter (they only let the parent take them so they were turned away). I have been using the threat like crazy lately that "little girls who (fill in the blank with anything naughty) Do not deserve to get their ears pierced!" What am I going to use for my threats now? She was so brave and hardly even flinched when it happened. I looked at her little face and asked if it hurt and she said yes and began to scream! We caused quite a scene let me tell you. It felt like the whole mall began to gather around and gawk at us. I was sweating like a pig by the time that whole ordeal was over. Chad and I originally wanted to wait until Livia was 8 to get this done but caved in recently because it really is rare that Livia ever wants one specific thing. I try hard to not get my kids things before they get the opportunity to wish for it- sometimes that is most of the fun! Livia- you were so brave- I am proud of you.

3 comments:

wendy said...

she doesn't look traumatized in the picture, more like thrilled!

Anonymous said...

oh Livs, you look so pretty! Way to go, now all you have to do is brag about it to Abbie and maybe she'll get a little braver! :)

a. rhoton said...

Livia, you look fabulous!! I think pink "diamonds" suit you well. xoxo grammie