Wednesday, April 9, 2008

everybody do your share!


I know some people think that others spend too much time painting perfect pictures of their kids on their blogs- but I just have to say that when I am old and grey and reading these picture posts I want to remember the good things my kiddos were about. One of those precious memories will most likely be how good my kids are getting at taking care of themselves. Today I asked just once for them to pick up their rooms before their dad would be home and they ran off to begin the task. Chad usually calls when he leaves his office so I like to make it a challenge for the kids to pick up the day's messes before they "get their feet tickled" (the garage door is under their rooms- so when dad comes home it vibrates the floor) They are so good at cleaning up- happy and everything for the challenge it brings- I am a proud momma!

2 comments:

Tia said...

I've been thinking this alot lately I need to document more of the good times. This is hard for me, I must have been sent this for a reason cause I really have to search for those good times!! It does feel great when they help out!!

sara said...

That is great - and such a good feeling to have them be so independent! Sweet kids.