Thursday, August 19, 2010

{just pretending}

Since being in Alaska I have had the opportunity to get to know my nephew a little better. Needless to say, he has filled a little piece of my heart that will never be replaced. While Shannon is at work a few days of the week I have had the pleasure of watching this little one and secretly I pretend that I am the mother of three kiddos. He just fits perfectly with us and he holds his own with his cousins just like a Chad Rhoton baby. He is quite the little thinker- always figuring things out and in deep concentration on his task at hand. He acts like he is so serious but all I have to do is tell him to NOT smile and the big dimple comes out immediately. It is his heart however that touches me the most. He gives kisses to Shannon's belly and talks to his little sister and whenever I put my kids in time out he sneaks over to them to give them kisses and pats because he is so sad they are sad. 2 year olds never share but this little guy will give just about anything to someone if they ask him nicely or his mom asks him to do it. Here he is having to share his Mom, toys and house with all of us and has no idea when we are ever going to leave! He is really independent but he loves cuddles and secrets and his giggle- don't even get me started- it brings me to tears every time- too precious! as you can tell I am just smitten. I am sad for him to be so far away from us- maybe we will just have to move to Alaska- that way I can pretend he is my kid all of the time.............

No comments: