Friday, August 27, 2010

{deep breath}


So we pulled an all nighter and made it home Wednesday afternoon from our WONDERFUL, fun filled 3 week Alaska adventure. I have so many more pictures to post and can't wait to catch up with everyone here. I am a bit homesick for Alaska (Tai food and late night laughs with Shannon did me some good- gotta love pregnant women's dreams') and Chad and I are already scheming ways to move there ( don't worry sis- you know we are just big dreamers). Shannon is so close to delivering that little girl that it nearly broke my heart to have to leave right before the due date. We got the kids rooms all organized and decorated and went through all of the little girl baby clothes-I was in heaven. We made it home to our stacks of mail and messages and e-mails and Livia starting school and riding the bus and piles upon piles of laundry and items that need to be put away (I had to borrow two suitcases from Shannon for our trip home- yikes!) A couple of things I realized while on vacation:


  • it is sooo important no matter how much work it feels like with the preparation etc., to take a vacation away from your life- you come home refreshed and ready to meet your life and commitments head on.

  • we live in the most beautiful country- Alaska took Chad and I's breath away and driving home to our house from phoenix we noticed all over again how beautiful it is where we live.

  • Family is the most important thing and making sacrifices in order to make memories and be there for each other is what it is really all about.

  • Tate has such a potty mouth and i don't know why

  • I am turning into such a home body- all Shannon wanted to do was to take me to experience Alaska and I was more fascinated with staying home and doing home things (thanks Shannon for showing us such a great time when you are so uncomfortable pregnant right now- you really are a champ.

I will get pictures up of Chad's goat and the rest of our trip as soon as I catch up on my life.

No comments: