Friday, September 17, 2010

dysfunctinal dinner story

Liv and Tater in the rain

So Chad and I took the little squirts to dinner at Cocoa's on Thursday and it was quite a little experience. We were all in kind of a bad mood and I threw a fit because by Thursday I am just tired of planning and executing meals and I refused to cook. Chad was kind enough to take pity on me and since it is hunting season I pretty much get what I want (love it). Everything was going o.k. until Chad decided that Livia needed to spell all of her words for her test the next day right then and there. He does this every now and then- picks a ridiculous battle that is not necessary but then will let the kids destroy the house while I am away with out even batting an eye. Livia was exhausted and just wanted to eat her stinkin' pancakes but Chad was determined I tell you. He kept saying (loudly) "Livia- spell HAM!" and then she would reply "I just don't want to right now." this would only frustrate him further and he would say: "you better spell HAM right now young lady- when a parent asks you to do something you do it- now spell HAM!" I was soooo embarrassed because the whole restaurant including the waitress were so disturbed. I kept trying so hard not to laugh because I kept thinking of Napoleon Dynamite when he would say " Tina! Eat your ham!" only it was "Livia spell HAM!" it ended with Chad taking Livia to the car crying and me being left with putting all of our food in boxes without making eye contact with the other patrons. it was just a night of dysfunction. Today I keep texting Chad- " SPELL HAM!" It was so unnecessary and luckily we can get a laugh from it now. Sometimes you have to just laugh or you will cry....................................


6 comments:

Tiff Hunt said...

i don't know why this post made me laugh really hard, but it did! Especially the Napoleon Dynamite part. Tina, you fat lard, eat your ham!

Kellie said...

why why why... why is my brother so ridiculous sometimes!! Seriously, all over some H*A*M... this story is hilarious! i totally do embarassing{sp} parenting in public, then I look back and think why did i do that... oh well... live and learn!! I'm going to mail chad a ham. what a tard!!!

sara said...

Your reference to Napoleon Dynamite = f u n n y!
And I love how you texted him -spell ham.

Alaska seemed magical- I am so glad!

Cute stories about the kiddos too.

diane lott said...

I am laughing so hard I am crying.

Aubrey said...

sorry for stalking you... i stumbled upon your blog a couple years ago and it cracks me up! love your ham story! i also love your ideas from unnecessary necessities. great ideas :)

Aubrey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.