Sunday, June 14, 2009

Tate the Sailor!


While driving home from New Mexico today the kids were getting a little restless and irritable. I had forgotten to pack DVDs and told the kids that they didn't always need movies on trips. "Dad and I never had movies to watch- we just had to use our imaginations when we went on trips....." Livia thought about it for a bit and then said "What movie should we imagine we are watching Tate? I know let's imagine we are watching Dumbo!" Not really what I meant but it cracked us up for a while. Later when Livia was throwing a fit over being hungry, Tate just calls out to us all "Livia is a damn whiner!" No joke............I swear I never talk like that as for Chad, I can't say but Chad and I both busted out laughing (the exact opposite of what a good parent should do) So Tate said it again and again and again.........................When we finally composed ourselves we talked to him about his bad language. I really hope he gets it. He is just too precious of a boy to have a potty mouth like that. Needless to say my cup runneth over having my family whole again. I am so excited to have both of my children home with me finally. I don't think I will ever take my daily life with my kids for granted again after not being able to care for them for the past few weeks. It is funny how just the simple things are more sacred to me now........................

1 comment:

Tia said...

okay that last one cracked me up, yeah we've had a few of those choice words at our house. At least your husband isn't teaching your little red head to say sh** cause he thinks it's funny! I told him it's going to come back to haunt you when she yells it out in sacrament mtg.