Friday, April 3, 2009

an "amberdent"

When I used to teach school my fellow teachers would call all of my mishaps amberdents instead of accidents (yes it happened THAT much!) When I was buying some fabric the other day a sweet little lady was cutting it for me. She said "You are so cute" I replied thank you and she then asked "how old are you sweetie?" I replied with a smile I am thirty.......one......" it was during my last answer that I realized she was talking to my sweet little Livia who was standing next to me. I forget that first of all it is just not about me anymore and second of all I really am just not that cute anymore either. I was so embarrassed. She just laughed and said "well, you are cute too honey!"

3 comments:

AudyCamp said...

Ok I totally pictured it as if I were there. Thanks for sharing that moment. I used to always have moments like that whenever me & a particular friend were together. We called them "I love Lucy" incidents. Too funny!

Meshan Foutz said...

Amber Darling Dunn, too funny, I love the story!

Paige said...

Amber that is so funny. I am sure you totally pulled it off with all your charm!