Monday, May 9, 2011

more pics of the tater......








Tater has been doing great since the little hitch in his giddy up happened last Thursday. He was playing on his rip stick when he fell and ripped his arm stick! He was a tough kid and after Chad and I got him to the ER and found out how bad of a break it really was we were so proud of our little man and how brave he was being. He did end up getting surgery and a few pins put in. He had all of the nurses gushing over him of course. Tate on morphine is even more charming it seems. They even gave him a frog and put a cast on the frog's arm which he thought was so hysterical. Chad and I both stayed with him at the hospital and had ourselves a little slumber party with not so much of the slumbering part. Chad was mostly worried that Tate would not be able to throw a ball. He is healing well. He still has a lot of pain but he is still the happy little boy we love. His Grammie and Pappa came for a visit and took him to Freddies for a yummy milk shake. He has had a ton of visitors and get well calls and gifts. Now Livia wants to break a bone really bad. Livia has turned into little nurse Nelly- she hardly lets him do anything for himself and smothers him with attention. When all of his cousins and friends were here they started playing dodge ball in the backyard so Tate had to come inside. Livia came in with him even though I knew she wanted to stay outside and play. She just couldn't handle the thought of him being left out. For now Tate has a sling and a fiberglass splint with a wrap. There are some pads covering the pins but I have been a wreck with worry of him getting bumped or falling. On Monday (next week) He will get his cast and we all just cannot wait for him to have more sturdy protection. My dear friend Lauralee (who first found Tate after the break ) was such a strength to me when it all happened she was so good with Tate when I was basically falling apart at the seems. I love you Lauralee! well can't wait for this adventure to be over. Thanks for all of your calls and love.

3 comments:

Tera said...

Out little man Bruce broke his elbow 2 months ago. He healed really fast, I hope Tate does the same.

Ironygirl said...

So sorry! I hope Tate recovers quick. I would be a wreck too!

Courtney said...

I'm sorry he had to go through that. I'm glad to hear he is feeling better, and I hope it heals quickly:) Love that Livia is such a good big sister.